Tuesday 10 October 2017

SEMOLINA & SPICE STUFFED KACHORI WITH SWEET TAMARIND CHUTNEY


This recipe demands a pretty long description  yet I decided to go ahead with it. I am really not in a mental state to even concentrate on anything at a stretch at the moment. Why that? The son's board examination starts today with his nightmare Hindi.... there will be another paper on Thursday.... then the rest will happen after a gap of five months. You can well understand I am having a nervous breakdown every half an hour with no one paying any such attention to it.... why? Because the clever people around know it aggravates the condition. Obviously both of us went to the school to drop him off, the madam in charge understood my condition looking at my face, she even allowed me to go with the son up to his classroom, but he is not my mother's kids.... he blatantly asked me to leave, else he would not sit for the examination. 

I cannot make phone calls to the old people back there either.... one elderly get on my nerves more..... " boro scale.. diyechish to? Addh dozen pen dibi.... formalities gulo thik moto likhtey bolish barbar.... school canteen e boshey thakbi sharadin.... cheleter porikkhar shomoy phone ta to bondho rakhtey parish...." I am too tired to even spend a single word to convince the person I can spend the entire day at the school or keep blogging at bay for few days if only anyone listens to me at home. I get angry with the old people in the family in such situations.... their fingers are always targetted towards me knowing I deal with the most difficult duo of the world.... they are the master of their own will... well, to a certain extent me too...... 

However they are, they are mine .... End of the day they come home to me and we sit for dinner together. To top up all the tensions and worries within me.... there is another lady with similar anxiety disorder as mine ... she is not my family ... is that important? What you may find hilarious is both of us think our kids are too vulnerable and the entire world is conspiring against them.... hahaha.... That is where the two ladies.... with a 25 years of age gap bonds..... wish I could ever tell you the story of her sacrifice for her kids.... if only I had been given the liberty to. Every mother or parent do some sacrifices for their kids.... she did a bit more.... If you have seen that.... can feel that... we will definitely respect that .....

If I have decided not to talk to the old people for any mental support... or if the son has decided not to allow mumma to sit at the school for the day..... what will mumma do except for something she loves doing ..... share her recipes with the world.... festivity continues for us.... To boost our festive spirit, we need a variety of sweets and snacks... For me whether it is a festival or a family get together or otherwise... food should be the ultimate... rest seems lifeless without it ... haha... I proudly admit I live to eat ..... 

Kachori  is stuffed poori or puffed bread and much loved among us. The island I live in may not eat Kachori in particular.... but I strongly feel if a fair number of them can eat murtabak... a kind of stuffed paratha or even something similar to our samosa.... my kachori stall can earn me a fair amount.... Oh God! My dear readers do not follow ever a person like me who sits and plan but never get out of the couch and try something fruitful. Kachori can be done with a variety of fillings... You just need to mix and match the ingredients from time to time... This time I tried kachori with a filling made with roasted semolina and freshly ground spices. I served it with an instantly made sweet tamarind chutney. Come let us do the SEMOLINA & SPICE STUFFED KACHORI together and serve them with a SWEET TAMARIND CHUTNEY. The platter definitely remain incomplete without hot chai / coffee...


INGREDIENTS : [for the Sweet Tamarind Chutney]

Tamarind : 1/2small cup
Sugar : 1 tbsp
Black Salt : 2-3pinches
Green Chilli : 1
Ginger Extract : 1/4tsp
Water : 1/2small cup

INGREDIENTS : [for the Semolina & Spice Stuffed Kachori]

Refined Flour : 2big cup
Baking Soda : 1/4tsp
Salt : 1/4tsp
Sugar : 11/2tsp
Semolina : 1medium tea cup + 3-4 tbsp
Cumin Seeds : 1tsp
Coriander Seeds : 11/2tsp
Dry Red Chilli : 4-5
Oil : 100-200ml [to deep fry] + 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp

METHOD :



Let us prepare the filling first. Heat the oil in a wok / pan and dry roast 3-4 tbsp of semolina & the whole spices for 4-5 minute at a minimal heat!

Once cool we will grind it to a coarse mixture, take in a bowl! We would add 1-2 tbsp of oil, chopped roasted cashew nuts & raisins, salt, sugar & mix well!



For the dough; take the semolina & maida, baking soda, salt, 1-2 tbsp oil  in a wide mouthed big bowl. Mix well. Rub the entire thing well for 2-3 minutes. 

Add water little by little, and keep kneading. Make a tight dough! Keep it covered for half an hour, knead it again for 3-4 minutes. You will not get a better chance to practice your punching skills... trust me.

Tear out small portions from the dough and make pockets. Add a good amount of filling right in the middle.

Close from all sides and flatten a bit to form kachori. Heat the oil in a wok, not to the smoking point.

Fry each of the stuffed & puffed breads /  kachoris  at medium to low heat. Transfer them on to tissue papers.



For the Sweet Tamarind Chutney, take the  tamarind in a grinder discarding the seeds. Add the sugar, black salt and the green chilli.... add water. Blend to a paste. It looks as below.Pass the entire mixture through a strainer.

We will have the fresh and hot SEMOLINA & SPICE STUFFED KACHORI with SWEET TAMARIND CHUTNEY. There have to have hot cups of tea or coffee to complete the platter.

No comments :

Post a Comment